About the Secular Coalition for Alabama
Our mission is to increase the visibility of secular people, promote fact-based education to prepare our children for a complex world, protect the civil rights of all Alabamians and maintain the separation of church and state. We are committed to taking an active role in making Alabama a better, more prosperous and hospitable place for everyone, regardless of their religious point of view.
What We Do
- Promote positive secular values in the public life of Alabama and its citizens
- Educate the citizens of Alabama on secular issues
- Inform the public about the concerns of secular Alabamians
- Protect the rights of secular Alabamians though legal action
- Raise and disburse money to support the advancement of secularism and secular thought through education, communication and activism
- Publish and produce materials concerning secularism in various media
While the Coalition was created expressly by and for non-theistic Americans, we also enthusiastically welcome the participation of religious individuals who share our view that freedom of conscience must extend to people of all faiths and of none. Accordingly, our staff works in cooperation with a variety of other organizations and coalitions where common ground exists on specific issues, and our e-mail Action Alert system is open to all who visit our site.